Sunday, August 31, 2003

Here are two quizzes I've taken recently that caused me to have memory flashbacks.

I am a spork!
what kitchen utensil are YOU?

A spork! How cool am I?! (Er - don't answer that.)

When I was in the fifth grade (maybe sixth) I made up this little rap about the All Mighty Spork. (Yes folks, the coolness train makes a pit stop in Loonyville!) It went a little something like this:

It's a spoon and a fork so we call it a spork.
[***]
It's there to help you eat your food.
[***]
If you use it right the food will taste real gooood.
[***]
If you use it wrong the food will taste like glue.
[***]

[***] = insert lame white girl beat box sound here

I know, I know, my brilliance radiated like a beacon at such an early age! I can't take full credit for the spork rap though; it was a co-collaboration. Diana and I came up with it out on the playground one day and then, for some reason, we were going to sing it together over the school intercom before school. Why they were going to let us do that I can not remember for the life of me. In the end though, the song was never song. I got a bit of stage fright at the last second and didn't want to do it. I hadn't begun to crawl out of my shell yet and was a bit too chicken to do something so silly in front of the whole school. I can now proudly say that I've grown out of that stage! Hmmm... now that I think of it, I probably could have scored me a few boyfriends if I'd only shown the school how truly super cool I was. Oh well. :) *


Find your inner Smurf!

I love the Smurfs. I used to watch them all the time when I was little. But tha's not what I flashed back to when I took this quiz. I flashed back to my college years, which wasn't that long ago so it was a short trip. In college, a group of friends and I reeked a bit of havoc on another friend and for some reason we called ourselves 'The Smurfs'. Why, exactly, I can't remember. (Egad! I'm getting old! My mind is becoming a sieve!) I was Smurfette, which fit since I was the only girl in the group. The H.B. was Papa Smurf because he was sort of the ringleader of the group. Anthony was Brainy Smurf, Robert was Clumsy Smurf, and Jason was... um... Handy Smurf I think. (We had trouble thinking of other Smurf names so he got stuck with that one.)

The havoc all came about when we were all sitting in Papa Smurf's dorm room with nothing to do. We'd been playing Genga earlier in the evening, but since we were out of money, it was an alcohol free game. :( During the game, Papa Smurf was taking pictures with his new toy, a digital camera. He got a shot of our friend Tom acting silly, standing on a chair with his arms out wide singing the 'I'm a Little Teapot' song at the top of his lungs. After the game, most of the people playing dispursed while a few of us stuck around. Papa Smurf download the pictures onto his computer and found the one of Tom particularly amusing. In the picture, Tom had his fly down and a bit of his t-shirt was hanging out. I don't know whose devilish mind it was to print out copies of the picture and post them all over campus, but I do know that it was my idea to add the following title: Pretty 'Fly' for a White Guy. (There was an arrow pointing to his open fly. Hehehe. And Tom is very, very much a white guy.) It was late at night so there wasn't anyone wandering around but us five Smurfs. We went to one of the classroom buildings, equiped with a teacher's 'lost' copy card, and used the teacher copy machines to make hundreds of copies. We borrowed some tape from one of the offices, then went about taping up that 'fly' picture all over the place. Luckily Tom was a good sport about it. :)

Tom got me and the H.B. back a few weeks later. He had a picture of the two of us sitting next to each other, arm in arm and all smiley. He added the following heading: 'We're getting married! Come join us in the Common Room Dining Hall for our engagement party!' Then he, with the help of the other three smurfs (traderous bastards!!!) plastered hundreds of those pictures all over the place. Grrrr! Sure, turn about is fair play and all that rubbage, but it was still kind of embarrasing to explain to my water polo coach that no, I was not getting married!

We never did get those traders back, and we had the perfect picture too! It was a pic of Clumsy and Handy wrestling. We were going to invite people to their 'coming out' party. Too bad the disk the picture was stored on 'mysteriously' disappeared. I saved a copy of each poster... I just wish I knew where I put them!

Wow. That was a fun stroll down Memory Lane. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment