Sunday, August 10, 2003

Yeah, I know its not Friday anymore, but I just saw this week's set of questions and really want to share my Mr. Winky story. I’m only half awake at the moment so hopefully my answers make sense.

The Friday Five

1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
Last time I traveled out of state was last year when I went to Las Vegas with my mom. She had free tickets to the Andre Agassi charity concert. That was an AWESOME show! Dennis Miller, Jamie Foxx and Robin Williams (!!!) were hilarious. Michael Bublé, India.Arie, Martina McBride, Babyface, Rod Stewart, and Elton John were all entertaining. That was a fun weekend. Plus, I left Las Vegas a few hundred dollars ahead. WooHoo! :)

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?
Hmmm... well, the first thing that comes to mind is the time we were driving back from a Metallica concert. This was about 2, 3 years ago. The day after the concert we’re driving home over the ‘Grapevine’. As we start to climb up the big hill/mountain/whatever, the H.B. asks, “Do you want to take the normal route with no air conditioner, or the longer truck route with air conditioner?” It was the middle of August, so I opted for the air-conditioned route. Ten minutes later the fan belt breaks. Son of a...

On the bright side, a nice, friendly, considerate gentleman sees that we are in distress and pulls over to offer his assistance. He hops out of the car and walks over to us. I’m thinking, ‘Yeah! Help!’ and that’s when I notice Mr. Winky poking his head out. Yes folks, the nice, friendly, considerate gentleman had his zipper all the way down with his man meat hanging out so as to catch a bit of fresh air. I tried not to look, but it was like one of those rubbernecking car accidental deals. I couldn’t look away, but then I didn’t want him to see me looking, so I forced my eyes to look away. A few seconds later I couldn’t help but look back again to make sure that I saw what I thought I saw. And when I saw that it was indeed Mr. Winky I quickly looked away again.

While Big Mr. Winky and the H.B. looked under the hood of the car and started talking that manly talk, me and the H.B.’s sister sought refuge in the car. “Did you...?” “OH MY GOD YES!” “EEEW!” That isn’t the end to the disastrous car story *grumble grumble grumble* but it is the end of the bizarre traveling story. On to the next question!

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
Hawaii. I’ve been there before and would love to go back. Especially when I could afford a nice hotel right on the beach... and expensive dinners... and my own personal cabana boy to fetch the fancy fruity tropical drinks... and to apply the sun tan lotion...

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
Er... car, but only when I’m not the one driving. Trains are okay, but loud. Or at least that’s how I remember them. Last time I rode a train I was in New Zealand, and that was ages ago! Planes are exciting and fun (especially flying Southwest for a little jaunt to Las Vegas), but they’re too much of a hassle. With a car, you don’t have to check your baggage, you can get the biggest bag of peanuts you want, and there’s no standing in line, waiting to board where you’ll be seated in a small uncomfortable seat next to someone you normally wouldn’t choose to sit by.

5. What's the next place on your list to visit?
The bedroom... I’m about to fall asleep right here on the keyboard (SMACK!), but seriously... Next on my list of places to visit: Michigan and/or Florida -- I've got some relatives out that way I'd like to visit sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment