Wednesday, August 27, 2003

What's On ... Right Now?

What's On your mind Right Now?

What's on my mind right now is the subject of bathroom etiquette, or lack thereof, at my job. I mean, why do people feel the need to talk to me while I'm frickin' peeing?!?

I had downed about a liter of h2o throughout the course of the morning and therefore had to pee like a mo-fo. So instead of being sociable with C, who was just standing around in the ladies restroom/locker room primping in front of the mirror, I made a beeline for one of the stalls. C said hi, to which I responded with a brisk hi of my own, all the while continuing on my way with nary a glance in her direction, clearly thinking that I had indicated I was on a very important tinkle mission and would chat with her later. Clearly I wasn't clear enough.

I sit down, all ready to do my thing, when she asks me a question.

"It's really muggy out there today isn't it?"

WHAT?! Is that question really necessary at this time?

"Uh... yeah it is." Uncomfortable chuckles followed.

Uncomfortable chuckle translation: "What the hell are you talking about?! Leave me alone! Let me tinkle in peace you Pee Frighten Away-er you!"

Yes folks, she made the pee afraid to come out! I'm sitting there, wishing she'd leave because for some reason the pee's gone into hiding, then I start thinking 'Is she wondering why I'm not peeing? Why aren't I peeing? Does she think there's something wrong with me because I can't seem to pee?' This stroll down Neurotic Alley doesn't exactly help with bringing about the release of the pee so when C doesn't ask any more stupid questions I relax a bit and finally get on with business. (I don't hate to pee in front of others, but I do hate it when the only sound in the room is my tinkling. That just bugs me.***)

And it's not just her, this other woman at work also talks to me while I'm busy in the restroom, usually while I'm in mid pee! Talk about awkward!!

Is it just me? Am I the only one who finds this weird? I wouldn't mind if these people were my friends, not one bit actually, but they're not. They're just co-workers I talk to occasionally. I don't think we've moved our working relationship up to that next level yet.

And what's with my fellow co-workers talking on cell phones while they hang out in the restroom/locker room. Do they really think the people on the other end of the line want to hear me tinkle? Guess not.

***Hmmm... I hate when it's silent, I hate when people talk to me. I'm so damn finicky. LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment