Thursday, August 07, 2003

You are Spaceballs! You have a strange obsession with odd furry creatures and you need to pick your helmet up when drinking coffee. You can go from suck to blow in a matter of seconds, but you're really just looking for a good time in a winnebago.
Which Mel Brooks Movie Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla


Yes!!! Spaceballs is my all time favorite Mel Brooks movie!!

"What's the matter Colonel Sandurz? Chicken?"
"Give me that you petty excuse for an officer!"


It's hilarious! It's a classic! And it's oh so quotable.

"That was my Virgin Alarm. It's programmed to go off before you do."

Nowadays, whenever I think about or watch this movie, I think back to all the times I would watch this movie at my grandparent's house.

"Those flashing eyes, those flushed cheeks, those trembling lips. You know something princess, you are ugly when you're angry."

When I was younger (about junior high age I think) two of my cousins would come visit every now and then, staying at our grandparent's house. During every visit, Grandma would let us (the cousins plus me and my bro) watch one of her movies. We would always, ALWAYS, watch Spaceballs. Grandma would ask, "Are you sure you don't want to watch something else this time?" The answer would always be "We're sure! Spaceballs please!"

"Raspberry. There's only one man who would DARE give me the raspberry! Lone Starr!"

Then, when the whole family would go out for a nice dinner, the four of us would sit at the end of the large table and recite line after line from this movie.

"Say goodbye to your two best friends. And I don't mean your pals in the Winnebago."

*sigh* Those are great memories. I'm getting all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

"Or else Pizza is going to send out for you!"

We annoyed the grownups so much that one time they decided to leave us kids home with Grandpa. What were they thinking?! Needless to say, we ran amuck. Then I got attacked (I was the oldest, but still the only girl) and was screaming throughout the house for help. Grandpa was outside and couldn't hear me. Either that, or he saw it was all for fun and went about his business. I remember there was spitting involved, and wrestling and a Mario Bros. tournament. Now that's a warm fuzzy memory. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment