Thursday, August 14, 2003

The guys I share an office with here at work crack me up. I love it, because without all the laughter this job would really, really suck. I'd go crazy! Well, crazier than I normally am ;)

The guys pick on each other and tell silly jokes. While K is on the phone, E starts playing repeater, repeating everything that K says. Then when F gets on the phone, the person on the other end of the line can barely hear him, causing F to yell into the phone. E says, "Damn! Are you just pretending to use the phone?" and K says, "What’s wrong, did someone put black tape over the mouth piece?" Which is exactly what F did to E's phone last week. Those jokers! Is it juvenile? Sure. But it sure does release the tension and we are in no short supply of that around here.

It's hard to explain just how much I laugh, and just how funny they all can be, because most of the time it's a case of 'you had to be there'.

On Tuesday, Texas popped up in a conversation and K quoted a line from the movie Full Metal Jacket. "Only two things come from Texas, boy,..."

I had just come across this Full Metal Jacket soundboard site earlier in the day so I showed it to him. He loved it and had me forward the link to him. He kept playing the quotes for people whenever they popped into the office (even all the not-suitable-for-work quotes... which is most of them!). Everyone loved it and said, "Oh! Hey! Send me that link!" In the last couple of days, the site has been forwarded around quite a bit. This morning, while E was playing around on the site, someone asked if it offended me. Ha! I'm the one who passed on the site in the first place!

E especially loves the site. It gives him flashbacks to when he was a Marine and gets him all pumped up, ready to deal with all the shit that comes his way. In fact, he's playing the quotes now for one of his employees.

"Thank you very much can I be in charge for awhile!?"

He'd better be careful; the boss just might stop by. Yesterday, the boss came into the office and opened up a still sealed package of cookies F had on his desk and took one, WITHOUT EVEN ASKING??!! F was kind of ticked off when he found out, because it wasn't the first time (heh heh heh). Then earlier this morning the boss came in looking for someone but no one was here but me. The boss looks over at F's desk and says, "Darn, it doesn't look like F has any cookies today." Then he leans in close to me and whispers conspiratorially, "I ate one of his cookies yesterday. Don't tell anyone." Oh, okay. Sure thing Boss! I tried really hard to smile a Don't-Worry-It's-Just-Our-Little-Secret smile and not a You-Are-Such-A-Dodo-Head smile. Here's hoping it worked!

Ahhh... Life at work is never boring that is for sure...

I also love the Office Space soundboard. Check it out. Mmmkay? *

No comments:

Post a Comment