Sunday, August 17, 2003

While I work on my talent for the upcoming Miss Procrastinator pageant, here’s another weekly meme.

The Weekly Krazies

1. Think Back. When was the last time you cried? What was it all about?

The last time I cried I was reading a Robert Crais novel. I've absolutely loved the last three Elvis Cole novels, especially the latest one, The Last Detective. There's a scene in the middle of that book that is just so sad, so touching, I couldn't help but cry. Elvis didn't have much of a family when he was little, and the one he's a part of now is in danger of loosing one of its own. Lucy asks Elvis to leave it alone, to let the police handle it. But Elvis can't. “You're my family.” He tells her. “You're my family.” *sniffle sniffle* I cried near the end of the book too!

2. Dilemma. You have been planning a party for weeks, its not for anything important - you just want to have fun. You send out invitations to all of your friends. The next day someone else hands out invites to their party, which they have planned for the same day: a day that happens to be their 18th birthday. The other person expects you to change your day - as hers is more important - but you had it first! Do you, Don't you, Why?

This isn't that big of a dilemma. For you, it's nothing important. For them, it's their 18 birthday. Just change the frickin' date to the next weekend. And make the birthday girl bring all the food/booze/strippers/board games or anything else you need for the party.

3. Recount your favourite childish game. Does it involve a mouth full of marshmallows? What happens and why do you love it? Remember - the more childish and embarrassing the better!!

Hmmm... favorite childish game? I've played the marshmallow game but that's not a favorite because I sucked at it. I only got up to about three marshmallows while the winner got up to about twenty. Great googly moogly!

There's always the 'pass it on' game, a.k.a. Let's See Who Can Hit The Hardest game. Four of us sitting in the back of Mr. Mar-foo-fo's summer school biology class used to play it all the time. And of course I got stuck sitting in between the two hardest hitters. Nah, that's not a favorite either.

One favorite I can think is the "I'm going to grandma's house and I'm going to bring...” game. I'm not sure what it's called, but I'm pretty sure grandma's house is the destination. I learned this game on the way back from a water polo tournament my freshman year in college. There were seven of us playing the game in the very back of the van. The first person starts off: "I'm going to grandma's house and I'm going to bring a..." then they think of something that starts with the letter A. "...alligator!" The next person has to think of something that starts with the next letter of the alphabet "...and I'm going to bring an alligator and a... banana!" And round and round you go with the next person in line recounting the previous items and then adding his/her own, depending on what letter of the alphabet is next. It's a fun and silly game to play and very useful for long, boring car rides. This game becomes really fun when you limit yourself to sexually theme-d items. Our coach, who was driving the van, definitely got an earful that night! LOL. For added difficulty, turn it into a drinking game, and let the good times roll. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment