Sunday, August 17, 2003

I watched a special on Gene Kelly on the TCM channel today. That man could dance like no other! He was masculine and graceful at the same time, it was such a treat to watch him move. And not only was he mucho talented he was gorgeous to boot. When Gene Kelly was on screen he could't help but ooze charisma. In fact, I was getting a bit tingly earlier just watching him. :) One of the woman interviewed for the documentary said something close to this: "You give your heart to Fred Astaire but save your body for Gene Kelly." Damn Skippy!

As I sit here and type this post, I'm listening to my Singin' In The Rain soundtrack. I'd be watching the movie instead if I could, but my VCR is acting up and I haven't bought it on DVD yet. I also need to buy Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, my all time favorite musical, on DVD. I haven't yet because my pathetically broke ass can't quite justify buying them on DVD when I already own them on VHS. While I think about it, there are a few other musicals I want to buy on DVD as well. Hmmm... maybe I should look online for some special deal...

Anyone want two very used, very worn out VHS tapes of Singin' In The Rain and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers? If I no longer own them, I'll be forced to go out and buy them on DVD. Oh the horror! :) I'll give them away to whoever has the best reason for wanting them - for truly wanting them for worship and mass viewings. :) *

No comments:

Post a Comment