Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I <3 My Harry

I'm dating Harry Potter. No, I don't mean the real Harry Potter. I do know that he's fictional. Really I do! What I meant was this: the HB is Harry Potter.

Well... okay... so the HB doesn't have a lightening bolt scar on his forehead. And he doesn't know any magic spells or hippogriffs. And he isn't a pre-teen/teenage boy any more (though he does act like it sometimes.)

But the HB is currently sporting a pair of broken, taped up glasses. And for some reason I find that so damn cute.

One of the springs broke off the other day and disappeared. I think it went to live the rest of its life in a far away land with loose change and lonely, single socks. So since the spring is missing, the HB's got tape wound around the part of the frame that connects the side piece thingy (is there a more technical term than side piece thingy?) that hooks over the ear to the front/lens part. He doesn't have the time or money at the moment to get the frame replaced, so he'll be sporting the tape for a while.

Me: Hey. You look like Harry Potter now.
HB: *holds glasses out in front of him with left hand - points right index finger at the glasses like a wand*
HB: Oculus Reparo!
Both:*stares at glasses for a moment*
HB: Damn. It didn't work.
Me: Obviously not. But you get an A for effort.

It's a very good tape job - thin, neat, and hardly noticeable. But I'm sure he's deeply embarrassed by it no matter how unnoticeable the tape is. Maybe I can buy him a card to cheer him up a bit. Something that says, 'I find men with tape on their glasses extremely sexy!' I wonder if Hallmark has tapped into that market yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment