Wednesday, February 25, 2004

I work with stupid people - work stuff part 1

I do. I work with stupid people. Some times it's frustrating. Other times it's entertaining. For example...

There are huge double entrance doors at the front of the building where I work. Right next to it is one of the employee entrances. You used to be able to walk in and out through this door, but now they've rigged it so that you can only exit through it.

I had heard that they were making the change yesterday. This morning, as I was walking up to the side door, I remembered the change and entered through the main double doors. I clocked in, realized I'd forgotten something in my car, and walked out the side door (because that's where one of the time clocks is located) to the parking lot. When I tried to enter the building again, I did what I am used to doing every morning, and tried to enter through the side door. But it was locked. D'oh! It's locked from the outside now! Silly me! So I took no more than four steps to the main double doors and entered the building. Simple. Easy.

When door is locked find other door. Duh.

Seems this is too complicated for some people. A few employees are complaining.

Employee: I couldn't get in.
Front Desk Lady: That's because that door is locked.
Employee: Well how else am I supposed to get in?

Someone actually asked that. I know because I've heard all about it from Front Desk Lady. The employee had to find a way into the building to ask this all-important question, yet they were still boggled on how to enter the damn building? Is it that hard to enter through another door? If they don't want to enter through the main door, there is another employee entrance a few feet away. OMG are these people stupid??? Or just lazy? Probably a bit of both.

Someone in the office made a good point: These are the people that are out there working for us. Scary stuff, that.


Right now, there's a supervisor in the office complaining. Blah blah blah. Someone in the office here asked if she could write up a work order for some work that she says needs to be done. She says she has no time to write it up. She starts going off about how it would be nice if she had enough time to sit in the office and type all day. I really wanted to point out that the time and the effort she put into her bitchfest would have been more than enough time and effort she'd need to sit at her damn computer and write up a work order like she's supposed to! A work order that would help out the people who are trying to do their job, which is in part to help her out. ARRRRRGGGGGGG!

I wanted to mention this. But I can't. I'm just a little peon here. Little peons can't risk rocking the oceanliner. But I should start making a list. A list of all the things I want to say to all the doofusses (doofusi) here at work in my Resignation Speech, the one I'll be giving once I've won a million bucks and don't have to work here any more. One of the things on that list is 'Fuck all y'all! Peace out!' I think I should start adding to it so I have a decent list of farewells. 'You sir are a moron!' Oh yeah, that's going on the list too.

No comments:

Post a Comment