Friday, February 27, 2004

just a double dose of Daily Dirt helps the medicine go down...

Daily Dirt

Speak English! - Friday, February 27, 2004

1. What's the longest English word you knew?

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

2. What's the most difficult English word you can never pronounce?

Particularly. Seriously, I have no idea why I cannot pronounce this word. To bypass the fumbling and stumbling over the word, I resort to using this pronunciation: Par-TIC-u-LAR-i-ly. I use it mostly to confuse/annoy the HB, for whom English was not his first language.

3. Have you ever failed English?

Nu uh.

4. Should everyone know English?

No.

5. What's the next best language other than English?

Troll.

"Anyone can speak Troll," said Fred dismissively. "All you have to do is grunt and point."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


Oops I did it again… - Thursday, February 26, 2004
Complete the sentences

1. In the toilet: "Oops…"

"... I dropped my book in the toilet."

Back when I was in junior high a friend of mine borrowed one of my Hardy Boy books. (Frank Hardy! ::swoon::) He had the book with him while he was in the potty room, and somehow it landed in the toilet. Oops. He gave me three dollars to pay for the loss of the book and was soooooooooo embarrassed while he tried to explain things without really 'explaining things'.

2. In the cafeteria : "Oops…"

"...my bag of Fritos exploded."

Grade: second grade (maybe first)
Time: lunch
Setting: school cafeteria
Occupancy: FULL

I had one of those lunch box sized mini bag of Fritos in my lunch box. I tried several times to open the bag, but it was being extremely tricky. So I took a deep breath, gripped both sides of the bag with my Super Strength Grip, and pulled them apart with all my Super Strength Might. The two sides burst apart and every single Frito flew out of the bag and landed on the table. Or on top of my friends' lunches. Oops. I remember being very embarrassed.

3. In the supermarket: "Oops…"

"... there are four bags of Chips Ahoy! cookies in my shopping cart!"

The supermarket had a Buy One Get One Free sale last weekend. The HB felt that this was a cause for celebration and threw four bags of Chips Ahoy! cookies in our cart. "Four???" I said. "Cookies!" he replied. I couldn't argue with such brilliant logic so we headed for the milk aisle.

4. In the elevator: "Oops…"

"... I forgot my room key."

I've done that before. Luckily there was someone still in the room for me to get back in.

5. In your bedroom: "Oops…"

"... I forgot the bed was there."

My feet seem to be irresistibly drawn to hard, unmovable objects. They like to run into these hard, unmovable objects as fast as they can, which causes me pain and makes me limp for several days. Stupid feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment