Thursday, February 26, 2004

I don't think I'd make a good clown. I can't even think up a realy cool clown name for myself.

I mentioned in the last post that I was stressing over a rush "I need all this information in the next ten minutes!" job for Mr. BigBossMan. I rushed him the information, came back to my office, and de-stressed myself by flinging, and loosing, the cap to my pen.

Anywho, I didn't fully de-stress in all areas because I'm still a weeeee bit stressed over this assignment I have to write for my writing class. So far I've been slacking. Well, that's not really true. I've done a lot of thinking about it. And I've written down a bunch of scribbles and half ideas and stuff. And last night I was busy doing a lot of important brainstorming. While playing computer games. One game in particular, which, unfortunately, I've become addicted to.

But you see, I had to play. The computer game playing was an important part of the writing process. At least it is for me until I get in a set writing groove. For now it's working because the playing freed up my brain to think and imagine and see my story setting clearly. That's a lot better than staring at a blank screen and waiting for something to pop out of thin air. A stared down plot plant never blooms.

Um. Yeah. Whatever the hell that means.

So while playing the computer game I got a great idea. I could see the story practically written in my head! I could see the story start to bloom and grow beyond the assignment! Score! It was way past my bedtime when it all came together so I wrote down the general idea of it all really quickly then headed for bed.

This morning, as I sat in front of the computer here at work and got ready to ignore some work I had to do, all pumped up and ready to write my assignment, the beginning of what I might turn into a fabu story. Then I reread the directions of the writing exercise.

My idea didn't fit the exercise requirements. D'oh! My brainstorming last night had veered in the wrong direction. At least for now it did. I'll probably work on the idea later, because I'm curious to see if I can write an actual story from it. But for now I have to work on this assignment of mine.

While I've been working I've come up with another way to go about things (Yay!) so I think I'll go work on it now. During my lunch break. Because I'm huuuuungry. Hungry as a person who only ate Kit Kats and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups for dinner last night. Hey, now, that was an integral step in the Brainstorming/Computer Game Playing step of the writing process!

::sigh:: I will finish it tonight. No matter what. Because I'll need a day or two to reread it and go 'Eck! That's crap. Edit!'

Okay. No more blog writing procrastination for me. I'm off to go eat my yummy sammich and write about a small town mechanic named Russell who just inherited a chunk of money from his black sheep of an uncle, Chuck Chuckie the Not-So-Lucky Circus Clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment