Wednesday, February 25, 2004

I work with criminal people - work stuff part 3

I always miss out on the good stuff. Something 'went down' here at work over the weekend, and I missed it. Darn it! A supervisor and my Immediate Boss were talking in Secret Sharing Whisper Voices here in the office a few minutes ago so at least I was able to hear about it even if I couldn't see it.

The story is this: my Immediate Boss was working the third shift this past weekend when a couple of Stuffy Shirts came in to the building to do 'something'. Mr. BigBossMan was there because of the Stuffy Shirts and when Immediate Boss wondered out loud who they were and what they were doing, Mr. BBM said, "Shhhhh. I'll tell you about it later." Mr. BBM whispered this several times apparently, trying to make a big deal about how this was Secret Stuff, and only he knew about it. About a half hour later one of the workers came up to Immediate Boss and said, 'hey, did you see JohnD hauled out of here in handcuffs?' Apparently it wasn't such a secret after all. In a matter of minutes everyone new what had happened.

Turns out the Stuffy Shirts were FBI guys and the worker was arrested on some drug charge. They were supposed to nab his brother here as well, but the brother clairvoyantly called in sick. I can't believe it. There were freakin feebs in the building and I missed them! I missed Mulder and Scully! Heh.

It's not the first time though.

A year or two ago, when I worked in the veeeery back of the building, there was a big stake out of the front of the building. And I just missed out on the cops and FBI guys rushing into the parking lot looking for their man. Darn it! Turns out they were looking for someone getting off on the third shift (apparently that's a popular shift for criminals that aren't smart enough to get away with shit). Third shift leaves around the time I am arrive, so I could have been right there in the parking lot when they took him down. Only they didn't catch him. The cops and feebs were staked out across the street, waiting for the guy to get in his car and drive away. The car never left the parking lot. The guy must have gotten tipped off, because he got a ride from someone else.

An hour after he was supposed to have left, the cops and fbi with their shotguns and take down gear came out of their stake out hidey holes and entered the building. They searched everywhere for him, I was told, because I missed witnessing that too. DARN IT! I was in the very back in a tiny little hole of an office away from everyone and missed all the action and excitement.

I wouldn't miss it now, now that I'm up in the front with a great view of the parking lot, front gate, and street. I wouldn't miss that last scenario that is. I missed the first one though, because the FBI had to do it earlier in the morning. Darn it. I have the microwave-able movie popcorn in my desk, all ready to go and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment