Wednesday, October 29, 2003



3. What scary movie scared you most as a child? Why?

I can't think of a scary movie that scared me as a child. I must have stayed away from them until I got older. Or they just didn't traumatize me enough so that still remember how much they scared me. I'm sure there were a few that scared me - I'm just drawing a blank right now.

Oh wait, I remember one movie that freaked me out a bit. I don't remember how old I was, but I believe I was fairly young. My aunt had rented a bunch of movies for us cousins and put one in while we all made cookies. I went out into the living room just in time to watch the beginning of some Jaws movie (2 or 3) where a guy is sitting in a boat, and a shark jumps out of the water and bites off the guys hand. Eek! That scared me. And my cousins. Even my aunt. I guess she didn't know what kind of a movie it was (heh heh heh). She quickly took out that movie and put in Fletch. A much better movie for all to enjoy.

4. What is your favorite halloween memory?

A particular Halloween memory doesn't stand out amongst the others as a favorite. I do remember that when I was younger and in elementary school, I used to come close to having panic attacks on the day of Halloween, being all dressed up in my costume. I was so afraid that I'd gotten the day wrong and would be the only one at school dressed up. That would have been mortifying! Every year I worried. And every year I wore my costume on the right day. Go me!

One favorite Halloween memory is from high school where my youth group went on a hay stack ride around someone's farm. Then we carved pumpkins. That was a lot of fun, though my pumpkin carving skills are very lacking.

Another fun Halloween memory: collecting chicken mcnugget toys in my mcdonald's happy meal. Each one wore a short little Halloween costume. And the costumes were interchangeable!

5. What kind of candy did you like to get the most? The least?

I love eating candy corn! Yum! Those little orange and yellow sugar triangles were my favorite candy to find in my trick or treat bag. That, and Tootsie Roll Pops. In fact, I'm sucking on a tootsie roll pop right now! (I grabbed a few from the candy pile yesterday, before they were all gone) Least favorite candy to get? Yearly I'd get Three Musketeers bars, MilkyWays, Milk Duds. I'd trade them with my brother for Kit Kat bars. :)

6. Ever toilet papered/egged/soaped/etc. someone's house when you were a kid? Why'd you do it?

Nope. Never did. I feel so sheltered and inexperienced. :) Though this one time, in band camp the sixth grade, I was invited to go on a t-p-ing escapade. We were going to work our class's booth at the school on Halloween night for a little bit. Then we were going to take off. But I got sick and had to go home. And missed my chance to be an annoying troublesome adolescent on Halloween. Darn it.

7. List some of the things you dressed up as when you were a kid.

In kindergarten I was a bride. Or a ghost bride. I wore this white plastic thing (like a ghost costume) over my body with my arms and head sticking out of it, and on it was a drawing of a bride's dress. I think. Or something like that. And I had the coolest glitter nail polish on, which is what every ghost bride can not do without.

I was a pirate in the second grade. That costume rocked! I need to find an adult version of it sometime. And instead of an eye patch I wore a glitter eye mask. Very bitchin'! In fact, I think I wore that costume for Halloween for a few years after that, I loved it so much. I could describe it in great detail, I remember it that vividly. But I won't. Your welcome. :)

I don't remember dressing up much for the rest of my elementary years, though I had glow in the dark lipstick and glow in the dark nail polish that I would wear. Oh, and I had a really cool pair of skeleton earrings.

In the seventh grade I wore nothing but black and orange, and made a little spider out of yarn and pipe cleaners (very last minute, but very well done). I carried my spider around with me on a string leash. I tried to enter the costume contest during lunch time, but they wouldn't let me. Don't they know brilliant originality when they see it?!

I only dressed up one year in high school (that I can recall.) Can't remember what year it was but for some reason I think it was my senior year. I was a blue crayon. A blue crayon! How cool is that? (No need to answer. LOL) I loved that costume. I also had crayon rubber band barrette thingys from grade school that I used to make pigtails. I was so cool cute weird looking.

Last time I dressed up for Halloween I was a freshman in college. I dressed up as a female she-devil type creature. So did my friend Niki. I wore red, she wore black, and another friend, Ben, dressed up as a pimp. He might have been dressed up as something else, but when the three of us went out to a party together he looked like a pimp standing between the two of us. Steve also tagged along. Then fell asleep at the party. How do you fall asleep in the middle of a living room packed with people dancing and talking and yelling to be heard over the blasting music? I guess some people can just fall asleep anywhere. I have a picture of all of us and am suddenly feeling all nostalgic. When I get home I think I'm going to have to peruse the photo albums. :)

8. If an older teenager or an adult came to your house trick or treating, would you give them any candy? Why or why not?

I would give an older teenager candy only if they were in costume. And not a lame costume either ('Hey, I am in costume. I'm dressed up as a 'pedestrian' man!'). A real costume.

I'd give an adult candy only if they were accompanied with a little kid, because they're probably helping the kid get more candy. More candy is a good thing :). Any kid older than, say, 8, can collect enough of his/her own darn candy treats.

Bonus: If you are participating in NaNoWriMo are you going to start work on your novel at midnight?

Start writing at midnight on Halloween? Probably not. Saturday morning is soon enough to start putting myself through the rigorous writing torture. But who knows. If for some reason I'm awake at midnight and playing on the computer I just might. And then not go to sleep for several hours.

Note to self: stock up on lots of caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment