Thursday, October 30, 2003

Starbucks Saga - Part 2

I went to Starbucks again today. It's all Jodi's fault. She mentioned candy corn cookies with eyes in a previous comment. I went and Cute Smiley Coffee Guy took my order. Today I was Lina.

"L - I - N - A?" he asks.

"Sure." Heh. Why not?!

Loony Hint #3 On Using Fake Names: Be sure you can spell it at the drop of a hat.

Nothing makes the food service person more suspicious of tomfoolery afoot than you having to think for a moment on how to spell your name. Unless you're five years old.

I paid for my grande ('grande' my fat frappuccino ass! what a fucked up size naming system they employ at that place) mocha frappuccino and tasty snack with money I pulled out of my Winnie the Pooh wallet.

"You like Winnie the Pooh, huh?" says Cute Smiley Coffee Guy.

Possible comebacks for that question:

A: "Like Winnie the Pooh? Hell No! I hate that tubby bastard."

B: "Duh!"

C: "Who?"

D: "What? The wallet? I just stole it ten minutes ago from some second grader walking home from school."

E: "Yep."

All tempting answers but I opted for option E, the least offensive one. I used up all my fun talk coming up with a fake name I guess.

I think Cute Smiley Coffee Guy might be on to me. This is the third name I've given him. My visits are fairly spaced out. I doubt he remembers me. Or my name(s). But who knows. he was extra smiley today. Maybe he was just so smiley while admiring my taste in wallet fashion (it features Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger too!) Maybe he has stalker tendencies and remembers me by a different name and was trying to figure out if was totally mental. Maybe he was just flirting with me. It's not that implausible! If he was flirting, I wasn't flirty back. If I were I would have bought the oatmeal cookie like he suggested. Instead I opted for the half-stale almond bear claw (which is still quite yummy half stale.)

I would have bought a candy corn cookie with eyes but they didn't have any more. Cute Smiley Coffee Guy said he'd sold the last one just a few minutes before I got there. Damn! Always a wedding guest, never a flower girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment