Thursday, October 02, 2003

"Let the joyous procrastinating begin!"

I did it. I really did it. I signed up at NaNoWriMo last night. And starting in November I'm going to write my first novel. :) It won't be anything readable I'm sure, but it will be good practice for me.

I will write just for writing's sake. I will not worry about all the editing mistakes I know are popping up like pimples. I will not fret over whether or not its making sense. I will not get stuck on a sentence for hours just to make it sound right. I will not worry about writing crap. I will not worry that I will eventually toss out at least half of said crap in rewrites, if I ever get that far with it.

I will write and write and write, because there won't be time for anything else. I'm not scared by the word count goal (50,000) because some of my stories have been that long. I am though just a little intimidated by the time frame (one month). But if I shut off my internal 'worry over every little detail' button and just let the fingers fly across the keyboard, typing to my hearts content, I know I can do it. (Just so long as no disaster pops up in my life.)

"Writing a novel in a month takes so much courage that you deserve a medal just for showing up."



Oh lookie! I got a medal. Go me!

Okay. So I'm signed up. Now I have a whole month to figure out what the hell I'm going to write about. Guess I should hurry up and start brainstorming. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment