Monday, October 27, 2003

Had a scary moment there on Saturday. The fire to the east of me, in Rancho Cucamonga, with the help of the Santa Ana winds, jumped west. It charged through my city and into the city to the west of me, doing major damage over there. Luckily, I’m not rich enough to live up by the mountains, where most of the fire is. :) But still, its scary with how close it is. Well, was. For most of the day Saturday the sky was orange, casting an eerie orange glow on everything. There's ash and dirt everywhere.

On the radio this morning they said only 5 percent of this fire is contained (there are several fires burning in southern California). 450 houses have been lost. Two people have died because of stress. Stress at watching their house, their home, burn to the ground. The kicker is they think this fire was started by an arsonist. A few people are reporting seeing a vehicle where the passengers through something out the window. I hope they catch the bastards.

One of the guys I share an office with was lucky. He lives in Rancho Cucamonga and houses all around him were catching on fire. His is still standing.

I went to my car during a break here at work. The ground is covered in little white specs of ash. It looks as if the angels up above are eating a box of mini powdered donuts, shaking off the excess powder before taking a bite. Those mini powdered donuts sure are messy.

Now I think I need to go take some fun quizzes to lighten the mood up a bit. Yep. That's a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment