Friday, October 24, 2003

Random thoughts... observations... i.e. boring dribble. Read at your own risk.

The credit card fairies need to come and hide my credit card for a while. I bought clothes the other day, but all were necessary. I desperately needed new pants and shirts for work. Work = necessary. Well, two shirts weren't for work, but they were cute and sexy. Cute and sexy = very necessary! And I bought shoes. I needed new work shoes because I’d worn my old pair into an inch of its life (holes were immerging... the bottom was coming apart). They really should have been thrown away a couple of months ago. So I was long overdue. Then I bought some boots. Small boots. I've always always always wanted boots but have never found any in my size. And they were on sale! So I couldn't not buy them. In fact, every single thing I bought was on sale. And for what I spent on several articles of clothing, the H.B. would spend on one shirt and one pair of pants. Still, though. I'm gonna return a few things. I really can't afford it right now, even with charging it on the credit card (evil, evil things). Damn. But I won't return all of it. And these new shoes I'm wearing, I'm cool! I look so styling and cool! That's worth a little bit more debt, right? No. It's not. Welcome to Pretend Land. Enjoy your stay.

Got a new assignment today at work. Another new task for me to do every month. Yippy. I get to print a bunch of slides out and separating them into coordinated piles. Then I email the people the coordinated piles belong to. Then they come pick them up and give the piles a good warm happy home. And I copy Mr. Boss Man on the emails. He responded to the first one by saying: "Great Job! This will help everyone continually improve."
Translation: "Ha! I'm the boss and you're a little peon and I don't want to waste my time printing all that crap out. You deal with it you little peon you." His little snip of inspiration is not inspiring. I do not feel special. Mainly because he's overly praiseworthy. The more he praises, the less sincere he seems. Blah.

My car looks like a great big ashtray. There's a few fires blazing down here in so cal. A huge one near where I work. Well, near enough that the ash from the fire has floated on down to us. The whole parking lot is covered in ash. Some co workers have actually left work early to go check on their houses, and be ready to evacuate the house if need be. Serious, scary stuff. The air outside smells like a campfire. And sweet. Like a sweet smelling campfire. Strange.

Time to go home. I might edit this later. Just felt like posting it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment