Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Some grocery supermarket workers are on strike here in California. I just heard, from the bosses here in the office, that the food checker-outers make FIVE DOLLARS more an hour than I do.

WTF??!!!!!

I have tech skills! I do stuff on a computer! They just stand there and pass food over a scanner and make FIVE DOLLARS more an hour than I do. I heard that and whipped my head around. Hopefully that head whip contained all the frustration I feel at getting paid so little for my job. Sure, I don't do much, but I should still be getting paid a whole heck of a lot more for my nothing!

One of the supervisors laughed, because he knows how little I make, and how pitiful that really is. The other bosses are laughing too. And I'm sure its not just at the Big Mr. Boss Man trying to be funny, imitating a checker scanning food. They're laughing at how gullible I am at staying here. Damn. FIVE DOLLARS more. Good lord! I knew I wasn't getting paid as much as I should have, but I started off at really low amount; they couldn't just bump me up several dollars. Well they could have. But I fell for their little song and dance.

I should call in sick and go work as a scab, for those guys are getting paid TEN DOLLARS more an hour than me, for crossing the picket line.

Damn.

On the bright side, one of the bosses brought in a bag of left over pinata candy. Left over from the weekend as it sat outside and melted. So for breakfast I'm eating melted mini M&M clusters. Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment