Wednesday, October 15, 2003

What's On ... Right Now

What's On your bookshelf Right Now?

I've got sooooo many books in my bedroom it's a potential fire hazard. I'll list books piling up on the very top of the bookcase (that's a sort of shelf, ain't it?) because that will be the smallest list. :)

So, in no particular order...

*Remember When by Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb - just finished reading this one
*The Starmen of Llyrdis by Leigh Brackett - reread this book a few weeks ago, its one of my all time favorites
*To The Nines by Janet Evanovich - have no idea why its still up there, I read this a few months ago
*The Butcher of Beverly Hills by Jennifer Colt - hilarious 'screwball' mystery. I put this on top of the bookcase to remind me to buy the next one in the series... as soon as I have money :(
*Skinny Annie Blues by Neal Barrett, Jr. - still haven't read this yet even though I bought it over a year ago. Its really high up there though on the 'what do I want to read next' list
*The Collected Mystery Stories by Lawrence Block - i've read the Bernie the Burglar short bits, and one or two of the others. There's still a lot more to go. Eek!
*Chariots of the Gods? by Erich Von Daniken - started, then put down to read J.D. Robb book :)
*Past Time and Thin Air by Robert B. Parker - two of the many books my mom has loaned me, as if I really need more books... well, yes, yes I do need more books. :)
*Bitten by Kelley Armstrong - a new author I want to try

The book I'm currently reading is Florida Roadkill by Tim Dorsey. I'm only on page 82 and I've already busted out loud with the laughter several times. It's not as good as Triggerfish Twist, the first and only other Dorsey novel I've read (which I absolutely loved) but I am still enjoying it. And it's the perfect voice I want in my head when I start to write my story for NaNoWriMo. (A very wacky one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment