Thursday, September 11, 2003

"But for those of us who lived through these events, the only marker we'll ever need is the tick of a clock at the 46th minute of the eighth hour of the 11th day.

We will remember where we were and how we felt.

We will remember the dead and what we owe them.

We will remember what we lost and what we found."

Remarks By The President At The World Will Always Remember September 11th Ceremony

As I sat in my car this morning during my break, I heard these words spoken by the president nearly two years ago replayed in a media sound bite montage one of the dj's had made for the 9/11 anniversary. The montage was made up of snippets from radio and TV bits during that horrible day and the days, weeks, and months that followed. I sat in my car and I listened. And I remembered. And I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment