Monday, September 15, 2003

Time Travel - Write about what you were probably doing on this day ten years ago. *

On this day ten years ago I would have been a freshman in high school, in the third week of school. I was out sick/injured the second week so on this day I'd have been back on campus trying to find the rhythm of high school. You kind of loose it when you miss the second week of school. At least I did. That first day back I remember feeling really out of sync. Luckily that feeling didn't last long.

So what was I doing all those years ago? What classes did I take freshman year? Time to dig through the mental file! On this day, ten years ago...

1st period - P.E. w/ Ms. Kessler: I was probably learning the fancy tennis lingo we'd be quizzed on later in the week that the rest of the class learned the previous week. And I was probably learning how you use your tennis racket and the side of your foot to pick up the tennis balls so that you don't have to bend over and have your ass up in the air. It cuts down on your ass being potential target practice.

2nd period - Conceptual physics w/ Mr. Blomgren: I was probably watching him draw a physics problem on the board... "if a chihuahua were to fall off a cliff this high, how long would it take for him to go splat on the ground, like this." Oh how Mr. Blomgren loved to draw his splatting chihuahuas!

3rd period - Algebra w/ Mrs. Lisa Something: I would have been taking notes, learning fun math stuff, and listening to Cool Upper Classman Guy sitting in front of me tell all those around him all the cool things he did the night before.

4th period - English w/ Mrs. Stupid Old Bat: On this day I asked her if I needed to make up any assignments. She said no. Then progress reports came out a few weeks later and for some reason she gave me a really low grade. When I asked her why she said, "Well, you didn't turn in a few assignments at the beginning of the year." Stupid old bat!!!

5th period - Lunch: Hanging out with friends under a great big tree. (Our campus was a closed campus so we had to eat on campus.)

6th period - Spanish class w/ Sra. Mendoza: On this day ten years ago we were probably still learning our ABC's. We might have moved on to learning the 'days of the week' song but I doubt it; she was always way behind the other teachers. "Lunes y Martes..."

7th period - Elective/Health Ed: I had the elective part for the first semester, an intro to computers w/ Mr. Theale (sp?), so I was probably learning how to make cool pictures using a RUN program with plot points. Very old school. :)

I didn't play water polo my freshman year so after school I would have just walked my ass home. I only lived about ten minutes away (ten minutes walking time) so it wasn't that bad. But did I walk home with my still-sore foot (the cause of my absense the prior week)? Or did I get a ride home? Hmmm... I can't remember. But when I got home I would have fixed myself a snack and then me and my brother would have watched a couple hours of cartoons followed by Square One TV and Bill Nye the Science Guy.

And that wraps up another fun stroll down memory lane. Damn, that was kind of long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment