Wednesday, September 24, 2003

KLUTZILLA STRIKES AGAIN

I'm a klutz. A big klutz. That, and I don't know how to exit a car properly.

I was climbing out of my car this morning and for some reason I stood up too quickly and, not paying attention to how open the car door actually was, I smacked my face on the edge of the door, right on the side of my eye on the eye socket bone. Boy did it hurt like a sumbitch! I've got this tiny little red welt next to my eye now that looks like a really big laugh wrinkle. That, and it looks like I got a bit wild with a red eyeliner pencil, like I was going for the exotic Cleopatra look but had no idea what I was doing. Maybe I should go and ding the left side of my face, that way I balance out the look.

I'm glad it didn't bruise too badly though. I'd hate to answer questions about a big blue bruise near my eye all day.

Mr. BossMan: What happened to your eye?

Me: I... uh... got in a fight.

Mr. BossMan: With who?

Me: With... uh... a *mumble mumble car door mumble mumble*.

Yeaaaaaah, not so much the conversation I want to have at work. Though maybe I could have gotten sympathy and sent home for the day. Hmmm... now there's an idea!

Me: I'm sick Mr. BossMan - *sniffle* *cough* *sneeze* - I god an awfu code. Brain ah fuzzy. Dizzy. Running into doors. God go home.

I might actually have to say that later in the week. Everybody in the office here is sneezing and coughing and spreading their sick germs as if they were on some kind of game show. Pass That Cold with your host, Wink Martindale!

You see, the sick germs have already invaded my system. They're making me talk gibberish. Gibberish I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment