Wednesday, September 10, 2003

I’ve been participating in this little online book club for the last couple of months. I used to just read their discussions, waiting to try the book if it sounded good, but lately I’ve decided to be adventurous and read the book before I read the reviews.

I wasn’t sure if I going to participate in this month’s discussion of The Nanny Diaries though. I thought I might, if I found the book at the library or if it was out in paperback already. I didn’t want to shell out money for it in hardback, because hey, what if it sucked?!

The Nanny Diaries was on the best seller list for awhile so I figured it wasn’t too horrible a read. It’s just that reading some of the reader’s comments at amazon.com had me a little weary about the book.

But when I found the book, in hardback, for ONLY FOUR DOLLARS (!!!) I just had to buy it. Damn skippy! On this book-buying excursion I bought four hardbacks and one paperback for just $21.00. Oh how I love Foozles!!! It’s a book lover’s wonderland. Well, at least for me it is. :)

Like I mentioned earlier, I was weary about the book. That didn’t last long after I cracked open the book. After the second page I was hooked, actually laughing out loud at one point.

In seven years and umpteen interviews the I’m-mom-casual-in-my-khakis-but-intimidating-in-my-$400-shoes outfit never changes. And it is simply impossible to imagine her doing anything so undignified as what was required to get her pregnant in the first place. - The Nanny Diaries, Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus

I just hope the rest of the book doesn’t disappoint.

*skipping off to the couch for a bit of reading time* *

No comments:

Post a Comment