Friday, September 26, 2003

I would just like to state for the record that I am in love with the television show Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Is it wrong to laugh so much at another's klutzy blunder? Their pain? I'm pretty sure it is, yet still I giggle like a little schoolboy when I watch this show. And when I'm not giggling like a little schoolboy I'm cackling like a crazy person who just found a monster in their pants. This show brings that out in me. It's just that hilarious.

It's a Japanese game show where contestants compete in wacky physical stunts that cause them to fall, trip, and slip into icky muddy water. And get smashed with big boulder sized balls. You know - all that good stuff.

That in it's self is funny, but the MEEC goes a step further and adds an English dubbed track, like the Food Network's Iron Chef, only on MEEC it's a very non literal translation that's full of silly and crude humor.

The Unofficial Fansite calls it 'Mystery Science Theater 3000 meets Jackass' - a most excellent description!

No comments:

Post a Comment