Tuesday, September 30, 2003

There are quite a few marines that work throughout the building here at work. I even share an office with a couple of them. While they are no longer in the army they aren't ex-marines. Once a marine, always a marine. I believe I've heard them say that before.

First thing this morning, a group of them were gathered in the office here, gabbing away, trying to delay the inevitable (the inevitable being the end of their coffee break). The topic of push-ups came up which segued into a conversation about their marine training. They began to reminisce.

Then someone mentioned 'Monkey Fuckers'. No, that's not a term of endearment between them. It's an exercise. And from the looks of it (it was kindly demonstrated for my viewing pleasure before I could even ask) it's a very hard exercise. You bend over, grab your ankles, then bend your knees so your butt goes up and down, up and down. I'm glad I've never had to do any of those exercises; my knees hurt just watching.

And the title of the exercise... well, from what I saw its aptly named.

Monkey Fuckers.

You learn something new every day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment