Thursday, September 18, 2003

Went to the L.A. county fair the other day. Big fun.

Had some nasty fries and some okay barbecue. Not too enjoyable. But then I had the best damn funnel cake I've ever had!! Yippy skippy! Need to go back and try some deep fried snickers. I'm salivating just thinking about them, and I've never even had them before... D'oh! Forgot the kettle corn! Definitely need to go back. Preferably later in the month when KC And The Sunshine Band is performing.

Won a bunch of very cute, bendy, flower dolls at the game booths. The H.B. is the Throw The Ping Pong Ball And Have It Bounce Into A Cup stud!!! I am only dating him, after all, for his many varied carnival game skills. Or was that carnal skills? (heh heh heh) :)

But I digress. While we were eating the best damn funnel cake I've ever had, a parade went by. A freaking parade! I was in awe. My hometown fair never had a parade, and they're a parade-happy town. Guess there's just not enough room in hometown fairgrounds... But I digress again. L.A. county fair parade had some small but decent high school bands. And some old fancy schmancy cars. And weird mascots. One costume looked like a deranged mutant muppet. The Funky Science Experiment Gone Awry mastcot. Very scary. One girl was in a cheese costume. Have no idea why. There were girls in pageant dresses doing their queenly duty waving to the crowd. And there were cheerleaders not doing anything more interesting than walking and talking loudly. All in all it was a short parade. Clydesdales pulling an old fashion Budweiser beer wagon were at the very end of the parade. Very interesting.

Yep. Big fun. Expensive fun, but fun nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment